Lingual Hidden Braces
Lingual Hidden Braces are a unique orthodontic treatment option featuring customized braces placed on the back side of the teeth where they are completely hidden from view. Since they are completely customized for you, they offer many treatment options. No matter what, no one will know you're wearing braces – unless you tell them!
Technology Customized for You
Using state-of-the-art technology, 3M custom builds your exclusive Lingual Hidden Braces to deliver predictable, effective and efficient treatment results. Traditional metal or ceramic braces are mass produced and based on a generic prescription. While Lingual Braces are 100 percent customized to the contours of your teeth. What does this customization mean to you?
- Total treatment time is usually shorter than when using generic brackets
- Brackets are more comfortable than the standard brackets because they fit perfectly with your individual teeth
- Fewer appointments are usually necessary since the brackets and the wires are designed to efficiently deliver your final result
Here's how it works:
- Your orthodontist will take impressions of your teeth and send them to technicians at the 3M lab.
- Your Lingual Braces treatment plan is customized by your orthodontist with the help of the 3M lab to meet your exact needs and correct your condition efficiently.
- Using computer-aided design and manufacturing (CAD/CAM), 3D printing technology, and robotics, your brackets and wires are custom manufactured exclusively for you, to correct your exact condition and deliver a confident smile.
- Each bracket is cast in gold with precision design. Not only is the gold highly polished for additional comfort, but it also is safe for anyone
that has Nickel allergies.
Treatable Dental Problems
Although you may only be concerned about how you look, there are often greater health benefits to fixing your teeth. While specific treatment decisions must be made exclusively between the patient and the treating orthodontist, below are samples of the issues lingual (behind the teeth) braces can help address.
Crowded or crooked teeth Often this makes it difficult to floss and clean in between your teeth, leading to increased incidence of cavities and gum disease. As you age, crowded teeth often get worse. Lingual braces work invisibly to move your teeth into the appropriate spaces and eliminate overcrowding.
Spaces between teeth Severe spacing is when you have gaps between your teeth. If these gaps go untreated, they may eventually lead to periodontal or gum-related issues as you age. Braces are a great solution for closing gaps in teeth, whether it's from sucking your thumb as child or if you have a missing tooth.
Overbite An overbite is when the upper teeth cover the lower teeth more than is normal when you bite down. If left untreated, you may grind down your teeth and experience painful jaw problems. Braces gently guide your teeth into a new, more normal position.
Underbite An underbite is when the lower teeth extend out more than the upper teeth when you bite down. Without treatment, you may suffer painful jaw problems. Lingual braces move your teeth to assist in correcting your underbite and provide you with a smile to make you proud.
Crossbite A crossbite occurs when the upper teeth are not aligned to the lower teeth and can appear either in the front or sides of the mouth. Braces apply gentle pressure to your teeth to move them into the correct position.
Open Bite An open bite means there is an opening between the upper and lower teeth when the jaw is closed. This opening can be either in the front or the back of the mouth. Biting and chewing can sometimes be difficult with an open bite.
No matter what your treatment problem, if you just need a minor adjustment, Lingual Braces provide an efficient and cost-effective solution to create that smile you have always wanted.